Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 'fixin to start wiring from the firewall forward with my AAW classic update system. For those that have done this, would I be better to start at the bulkhead connector and work my way up over the driver fender and across in front of the radiator as I hook up lights and horns, or start at the passenger front fender and back the other way? Does it really matter :D?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Start at the firewall and work foward. The firewall connector is preterminated and the wires have to be cut to length after routing

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
You need to figure what is going where. Obviously you front light wires, horn wires, go through the inner fender. Obviously you wiper circuit, starter wires oil presure, temp all go accross the firewall. What you have to decide is where your ignition wire goes. Running a MSD? Where is it going to be mounted? Running electric fans? Where are the fan relays going to be routed?

We added a Vintage Air, so we pulled the orange fan wire out of the bulkhead,

We mounted the MSD on the left inner fender, so that went through the fender well, the fan relay is on that side also.

It is wiring week at Prodigy. I have 2 guys installing 2 Classic updates this week, and another installing a Hwy 22. So if you get in a jam your welcome to call for advice or questions.

Or just post what you got and I will give you some ideas.

Also, a couple other things to think about. Think about adding a courtesy light activated by the door jam switch with the dome and under dash light. Think about adding one right over the fuse box so if your broke down at night needeing to check fuses, you dont have to hold a flashlight in your teeth. 3 years from now you will thank me!

Thank about adding a under hood and trunk light. They are well worth it. 2 under hood lights are super cool at the drive in on Saturday night!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Frank! I have a ZZ/4 crate engine, so no MSD. Oil and temp guage is mechanical, and I figured I'd put the fan relay up on the radiator support somewhere. Any suggestions? I'm debating on soldering the connections since under the hood is subject to more physical abuse. I may just take you up on the phone call :beers: Kevin

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Good talking to you. Hope I helped.

If you need anything, let me know. If you want some of that Tech Flex wire covering for the under hood stuff, let me know. We have big rolls of it.

Here is what that Tech Flex looks like. Real clean look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts