Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wiring harness in my car is quite old and the wires are beginning to snap off like old dead twigs so I recently purchased a front engine wiring harness from American Auto Wire. (They were outstanding by the way)

It appears like a fairly simple process but was wondering if someone could tell me what items a front engine wiring harness operates on a 1967 Camaro with a 327.

Thanks.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Pull your 67 AIM out and study the bulkhead connection on the firewall. Then the engine wiring for a 327. This is where all the lines run into the drivers side fuse-box. The connection is a two parter that connects together, then that connection then screws onto the firewall connector.

The split takes engine bay wires, and sender leads one way toward the firewall and engine and the other is lighting, accessories and charging circuits that go down the straight away down the fender to the radiator shroud to the lights, Voltage Regulator, Horn Relay then onto the pass side junction block.

Clear some space and lay out the new harness according to the instruction sheet from AAW and the 67 AIM so you know the direction each lead goes. The for added success mock it up against the original. When happy with the location then just swap new for old leg by leg.

If you take your time and don't get distracted it is an easy project, no new swears required.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts