Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the attached pic you can note the pedal end of the cable is different than the original. Does anyone know if it matters?

The story behind the question is this. Back in early 69 I put Lakewood slapper bars on the car. The back cables ran under the springs. I was in too big a hurry to move them and I smashed them in no time. Pa had inspections every 6 months. They failed. when I went to chevy to order new the parts guy asked me which setup I had under the car and showed me the illustrations. They were a little different with different part numbers and I ordered the older numbers. I got the correct cables which came with last in inventory tags on them. I have wondered about this off and on over time and when I saw the blurb on the page at Camaro Central marked as concours correct I thought maybe Id look before I leaped. There is a difference at the pedal end. Dunno if it matters but I thought I'd post it up anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
The one in your hand is the one that I always remember seeing in GM cars of the 60's. The one behind it doesn't look familiar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts