Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I previously posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry!

I purchased a set of early 90s Camaro seats to put into my 69 Convertible Camaro. However, even with the driver's seat lowered completely it is too high. Can I remove the "factory seat frame floor support"? I know I will have to put in seat bolt mounting pads. Do these frame supports offer any structural benefits? Any recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
618 Posts
I just ripped out my seat supports and they are quite beefy.. The subframe ties in directly under them so Floor support may be effected if they are removed. My recomendation is to not remove them, especially on a convertable..

Perhaps you could cut out the areas where you are thinking about mounting the seat feet??

·
Registered
418 Posts
Do not remove them! They have more value than you realize. You would be alot better off to modify the seat base. Dont do it scadley either, if you get into an accident[god forbid] you dont want the seat coming off the mounts. Really if you know anyone from a speed shop that builds roll frames talk to them for proper intallation. If not atleast find a buddy that is a QUALIFIED WELDER. Takes years sometimes to restore a car and only one jackass and a second to destroy it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advise. I will find another way to lower the seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts