Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recommendations for which front shocks to go with ....i own a 1968 with a 427 big block, aluminum heads.

thanks

derek

·
Premium Member
Ben - Delaware - 67 Camaro
443 Posts
are you sticking with standard coil springs and stock front suspension set up? making any other changes? viking makes a very nice double adjustable shock & coil over set up that replaces springs and shocks and gives you all kinds of adjust-ability in ride height and quality. there are several other companies out there that make similar set up's. i'm just partial to the viking stuff.

all depends on what you want out of the car and what you're doing over all.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am sticking with the standard coil springs and stock front suspension. at this point, its a show car...so it will be driven on a limited basis, but i do drive it as much as possible. i have spared no expense with this project so i want it to be the best it can be. i will look into viking...thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
3,425 Posts
I used KYB. Not too much money, and work well. I don't drive my car like its on rails.

·
Premium Member
Ben - Delaware - 67 Camaro
443 Posts
when you go adjustable you get the best of both worlds. i can click the knobs a couple times and yank the front wheels or turn them back and drive like a modern car

·
Premium Member
4,263 Posts
90/10 shocks are not recommended for street use....

Don

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
90/10 shocks are not recommended for street use....

Don
been running them for over 20 years without a problem :wink2:
a lot of things are not recommended , but used.
such as D.O.T. slicks in the rain .
you just have to know what the limitations are:smile2:

·
13,722 Posts
I have found the KYB gas shocks to be a little harsh. Off he shelf Monroe’s or Gabriela work pretty good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts