Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a company that sell stock height spindle for a 69 camaro that can handle the abuse of the drag strip ( car should be in the 8s), if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Art morrorison,dse,cpp

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of them is rusted pretty good so i was going to replace them and be safe. I didnt know if there was any spindles out there that are better then stock that are ment for drag racing with out any drop in it. i didnt see any spindles on the bmr or dse or art morrorison website. any website that you guys recomend to get stock spindles from? and just wanted to tell you guys thanks a million for all the help

·
Super Moderator
32,274 Posts
If you are looking for OE spindles, try some classified ads from most any place for drum spindles/assemblies and the drum spindles can be cut to disc spindles, if needed.

Unless the spindle has been in salt water, sandblasting it to remove surface rust should still have good service life. If deep pitting is evident, then it would warrant replacement.

The worst offender is loose bearings in its previous life and lack of lube, the inside bearing race has cut a groove in the bottom half of the spindle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts