Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen a front spoiler/air dam made out of aluminum or stainless? I mean an exact replica made on a brake at a fab shop. Just an idea I've been toying around with.

------------------
currently restoring my '67, 327, T-10,3.73 10 bolt

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought the plastic air dam and gained a few points. The guy said to install it without the bracket setup using screws only. This made sense as if you use the brackets and hit something low it's going to tear the front panel up also. With just screwing it, a 30 dollar spoiler is all you have to replace in the event of hitting it down low.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have the airdam -its a little rough but could be used. If I were to make it out of Al. I'd have to be real careful around curbs. My plastic one got beat up pretty quick.
You'ld think that the spoiler would flex too much without the braces.It makes sense to keep them off though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My saturn has a front spoiler that is "held on with springs. Im not sure how the springs are attached but when you hit something the spoiler springs back. Just an idea that I might try myself.

Tony

------------------
obnoxious 67 camaro under construction. TH350/383 stroker w/ aluminum Edlebroc RPM heads,cam, and carb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts