Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now my front suspension runs Global West control arms and Hotchkiss drop springs. The car sits and handles great, but rides like crap. I'm doing a brake upgrade and that uses a 2 inch drop spindle, so I'm looking for recommendations for who makes a good handling/riding stock height spring for an iron headed big block.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
2 inch drop spindle may be worse. Do not mix match parts. Confirm with Global West if there are any issues you should be aware of using 2 inch drop spindles. I used Moog #6312 for my ( aluminum heads) BB. They worked great for me.

·
10,160 Posts
I wouldn't do a drop spindle unless it's a RideTech with TruTurn system which relocates the steering arms higher and fixes bump steer. Most drop spindles for first gen put the steering arms in the way of the tire and prevent wide tires from being used.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Socal_Tom, which BMR springs did you use? All I can find from them are lowering springs.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
If you like the way the car sits, I'd look into swapping out your Edelbrock shocks for either the Bilsteins that Hotchkis recommends or the Ridetechs that are a favorite here. I can tell you first hand that the Koni Classics made a huge improvement in my ride. I have 500# springs with a smallblock.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I have Eaton SB springs in my BB RSSS 69 with Gabriel HD shocks, rides close to a 2" drop, 17x8 Foose wheels. HD sway bar and IROC steering. Handles well, rides great and is economical for a car I cruise in 500 to 700 miles a year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts