Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking at a lot of fabricated subframes. I am thinking about building my own based on stock measurments. I have GW arms and stock spindles. If I do this I will add a rack and coilovers to the list. My question is about rack placement should it be a front steer system or rear steer, and why?

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
I think most people go to front steer with a rack and pinion, so the rack doesn't interfere with the engine oil pan.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
And the original steering box no longer can interfere with the header. Both the drivers side, of course, and the passenger side, (because of the idler arm), not to mention the drag link and tie rods can be a pain. Unless, of course, you score a brand new set of reproduction Mickey Thompson Super Scavengers.:hurray:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
And the original steering box no longer can interfere with the header. Both the drivers side, of course, and the passenger side, (because of the idler arm), not to mention the drag link and tie rods can be a pain. Unless, of course, you score a brand new set of reproduction Mickey Thompson Super Scavengers.:hurray:
;)

David F.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts