Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pulled my subframe out and cleaned it. Need to work on the body mount areas and there is a crack in the area where the power steering gearbox goes…no big deal…going to weld her up, but I was wondering……after I get the frame all ready, is it better to install the new suspension with the frame out of the car or should I mount the freme and get it all aligned, then install the suspension? What do you think?

Thanks!!!!

Brian

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Re: Front suspension intall

i put my a arms back on with it out, but i would never try to install the springs without it attached and a lot of weight attached to hold it down. my two cents.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I'm putting a ride tech suspension in with coil overs, so would I still need the weight with those? Only reason I was thinking of waiting until the frame was installed was because I figured it would be easier to make adjustments to the subframe alignment if there wasn't anything on it yet (lighter). What do ya think?

·
Registered
35 Posts

I would square the sub frame to the body and torque the bushing's down. Much easier to install suspension parts on a sub frame that's solid and not moving around on you. Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts

I would square the sub frame to the body and torque the bushing's down. Much easier to install suspension parts on a sub frame that's solid and not moving around on you. Good luck :thumbsup:
I agree 100% As stated above as well make sure the sub is aligned with the body first. Then install the parts.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Sounds good guys! I'll install the bare frame first then and go from there!

Regarding aligning the frame to the body….the alignment dimension drawing shows going from the center of the mounting holes in some dims. How did you guys make your measurements there….how did you make a measurement from the center of a hole? When i was checking the dims before I pulled the frame off, I tried using a plumb bob but I was just trying to hold it in the center of the bolt head as best I could. Is there a more accurate way to do this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts