353 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Please dont take this as an attack or critisism,but why do you want that small of a tire on your car ? in my opinion,not that you asked for it,it wont look good and may possibly be unsafe on a 3000# + car.If your trying to get the front that low consider 2" drop spindles with at least a 26" tall tire.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
I've been getting mine from the same local tire store for the last 30 years. Have you tried any local stores?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please dont take this as an attack or critisism,but why do you want that small of a tire on your car ? in my opinion,not that you asked for it,it wont look good and may possibly be unsafe on a 3000# + car.If your trying to get the front that low consider 2" drop spindles with at least a 26" tall tire.
I want front tire like Steve's in the above post. My rear tires are only 26" tall, & I want a bit of a drop in the front because I like the look or rack better.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
I understand where your coming from.His car does look good. I was just always interested in putting as much tire in the wheelwell (rear)as you could,which on a 69 would be a 10 x 29 slick or a 275/60 drag radial which is 28 tall. but thats my deal not yours.I get it.Have fun and drive it like ya stole it!If i ever get off my *** and post pics of my own car ill pm you to show you what my 195/75/15 fronts look like.Maybe youll like em.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I understand where your coming from.His car does look good. I was just always interested in putting as much tire in the wheelwell (rear)as you could,which on a 69 would be a 10 x 29 slick or a 275/60 drag radial which is 28 tall. but thats my deal not yours.I get it.Have fun and drive it like ya stole it!If i ever get off my *** and post pics of my own car ill pm you to show you what my 195/75/15 fronts look like.Maybe youll like em.
Sounds great I like to look at all the cars on here. So if I went with a 29" slick in stock rear fender wells, 3.73 gears & a TH-350 that would work better in the 1/4 mile than a 26" slick?

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
I think old Audi A4's ran that size. Might try calling a dealership to see where they source them. Most likely Bridgestone.

That size is approximately a 23.5 x 6.5 R15. They carry tires in inch sizes sometimes so maybe it'll be easier to search for that. Since you don't want to go over 24", Summit has a 23x5, 23x7.5, 23x8, and 23x8.5 or a 175/65 that will push you to a hair under 24" and give you 10mm more width.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Sounds great I like to look at all the cars on here. So if I went with a 29" slick in stock rear fender wells, 3.73 gears & a TH-350 that would work better in the 1/4 mile than a 26" slick?
A 29 10 tire will give you more surface contact than a 26 10 which will aid hook and consistency. It will however knock a little gear ratio out of it too ex. 110mph 5300rpm w/3.73 26"tire, 110mph 4750 w/3.73 29"tire.This might be good if you cant hook your 26s or bad if your already bogged down out of the hole.If your 26s work for you stay with em .My settup and usage may be much different than yours.Its a whole package you have to consider,engine power,tires, gearing.They all affect eachother.Most racers will choose tire size first(due to class restrictions,size limitations,or general preference)then gear the car accordingly.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
My 68 with a 165/80/15:
Out of my own curiousity, does having a small tire in the front like that give it more speed ? That car is too awesome for words, must run good ey ? It looks trust worthy unlike mines, lol ..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts