Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! '69 Camaro - When I turn the turn signals on, so long as the courtesy lights/head lights are not on, the front and rears flash normally. With the courtesy lights on, the rears are normal. However, the fronts while extremely difficult to tell, still blink but if you didn't look closely, you wouldn't notice. Not sure, but I think I have had this issue since the front end was reassembled after a collision. Thanks for the help!

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
X2 the front parking light housings are the ground points. If you have new paint on the backside of the panel use star washers to bite into the panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Check the wiring diagram for the 69 Camaro. The ground wires for the headlights are connected to the radiator support. I don't know about your parking lights but my 67 RS have a black ground that also connect to the radiator support.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Should be a ground wire coming off the headlight switch. Make sure it is screwed to metal not plastic. I would recommend running the ground to the bracket behind the ash tray this is welded to the body. Make sure you have a ground wire from the negative side of the battery to the firewall with star washers all around.

-Joe

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay. I will double check the grounds but I find it hard to believe this is a ground issue as they work fine so long as the courtesy lamps are not on. They even work with them on. But where the light if in the flash mode should go completely on/off to flash, only one of the filaments does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts