Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions out here on how to remove the front turn signal housing on the 67 rs. These are (for no better word) circular open type clips that slide on to hold it in place but how do they come off without damaging the fixture? Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
19,498 Posts
There is a horse shoe type clamp on the back side of the housing. Just remove the two nuts on the back and the housing should come out the front. I am not aware of any clips.

Roger

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are 2 posts that go through the bracket and the clips are a complete circle with tines that slide over the posts that hold it in place similar to a horseshoe clip. I don't remember any nuts on the back, but I'll look some more. I'm replacing the front valance and had put new lights in awhile ago.

·
Registered
533 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
those are like the retainers that used to hold brake drum on the studs , they should have been installed last but the only way i know of to get them off is pretty much by cutting them so that you can open them up by twisting, i would be very careful though those potmetal post can break, after you remove them you can use some self threading trim nuts to secure them

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's all that came with them, I thought it was odd to not have nuts but the post wasn't threaded so I used them and they don't move. Never thought of self threading nuts. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
19,498 Posts
I think they call those push on nut. If your lucky you may be able to get a small screw driver in one of the cracks and tap it counter clock wise to get it off.
This is what we get from the overseas parts manufactures.

Roger

1 - 12 of 12 Posts