Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock Disc brake conversion to a 69. Everything is new except the "round" distribution part on the drivers side of the booster. Bleed the brakes, started the engine pushed on the pedal and went to the floor. Calipers are frozen and cannot turn the rotors, back wheels turn fine. Loosed the caliper hoses to relief any pressure. Still will not turn. Any ideas what to do next. Short rod on the new booster and MB.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered new calipers from NAPA. . . .pick up this am and see if that is the issue. When I opened the bleeders and disconnected the brake hose, it did nothing.

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Not an expert but I think your pushrod is too long.

Don

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
If he opened the bleeder AND disconnected the brake hose, that would eliminate the rod as the issue.

Not saying the rod ISN'T too long. Just saying he already eliminated it as a source on this issue.

OP. Have you tried to pry the inner pad back into the caliper a bit, as Al suggested?

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just replaced the calipers, will bleed with help tonight. The rod is the short version. Could it be the "round" pressure valve next to the booster? That is the only used part! Appreciate the comments.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Just replaced the calipers, will bleed with help tonight. The rod is the short version. Could it be the "round" pressure valve next to the booster? That is the only used part! Appreciate the comments.
Not if you removed the brake line. That took everything except the caliper out of the equation.

Reactions: allanjs

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Shorten the rod at the clevis. Should be adjustable. Your rod is likely not fully retracting when the pedal is released. This is a pretty common problem.

Is this a new master?

Don

·
10,160 Posts
The caliper bracket may not be centering the caliper over the rotor. I think the outboard pad has very little clearance, meaning the caliper does not have much extra room to move a brand new outboard pad away from the rotor. My buddy bought pickup pads by mistake & they are a tiny bit thicker. The outboard pad was out of room & it stuck the rotor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts