Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 RS with a 2.8 litre V6, the problem is my fuel economy is horrible as of late. I am going through a lot of fuel and I am wondering if anyone can give me some ideas as to why. I am wondering if it could be a faulty cold start valve? I should also point out that sometimes my car takes a while to start and other times it starts right away. I am wondering if this is a clue to what may be the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You may also have bad o2 sensor.If it is bad it may be telling the computer that the engine is running to lean and feeding it way to much fuel.This would also make it start poorly by being to rich or to lean during cold starts.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Jamers, Get someone you know to hook your car up to a scan tool and look at engine coolant temp when the engine is cold. The engine coolant temp is what the computer looks at when starting and to determine when to go into closed loop operation, which is when the computer will listen to the O2 sensor and trim fuel. Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

------------------
Leo Paugh
MCC #017
www.clark.net/pub/chevelle/mcc.htm
the bitterness of poor quality remains, long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten

1 - 3 of 3 Posts