Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 350 / 300 hp: When I bought the car, the vapor line was plugged and used only one fuel line from pump to carb. I am wanting to go back to the original type with the (3) lines and canister filter. For you guys that stay up on the original style, does the 350 engine use a bracket to hold the filter? Most parts houses show only a bracket for the 396cu engine. The Assembly manual does not show one on the 350cu engine whereas the 396cu shows the bracket. Also where do you find the clips that hold the line together.

·
Registered
296 Posts
IIpainter, I don't have a 69 Camaro, but I do have a 70 Chevelle 300hp/350 that is unmolested and original(the motor has never been rebuilt and I am the 2nd owner). It has the extra return line from the fule pump, but it never has had a canister type fuel filter or a bracket for one; just the stone type that goes inside the carb. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
No bracket was used on the 350's, the fuel lines hold the filter in place at the front of the engine. What clips? The fuel lines thread into the fuel pump, fuel filet and carb inlet, and the return line is held on with a short length of rubber hose and a pari of spring clip hose clamps (not the ones like radiator hose clamps)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, That is what I thought Mark on the line holding up the filter by itself. The clips are the ones the tie the 3/8" fuel line to the 1/4" vapor line, between the pump and filter, as it goes up in front of the engine.
Two are shown in the assembly manual, page 298 item # 7 (3910497)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I did not get the clip with my kit. I made one from a piece of a spring from a lawn mower pull starter.

TTFN
Mat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts