Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to hear from the fellas that still have the original fuel delivery setup on their cars. I was gonna change the filter tonight but there isn't one. The hardline stops just short of the fuel pump and is attached to the suction side with rubber hose.The pressure side again has the 3/8 hardline which goes to the tee for the split in the line. Anybody know if this is a correct setup?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Sounds correct, My car is original and it also has the same setup. GM put the fuel filters under the carb inlet nuts. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
871 Posts
There are screen filters in the carb inlet. Remove the lines from the carb and then the large inlet boss from the carb. Take note on how everything comes out. There also should be a spring inside.

------------------
Dave
'69 Z11 Pace Car, 350/4 speed, manual top, console w/gauges, tilt rosewood wheel, AM radio

·
Registered
366 Posts
The DZ carburetor uses two porous brass internal fuel filters which is the reason there is no fuel filter between the gas tank and carburetor. Be sure to install the spring and replace the o-ring for the filter nut. Also, make sure the filter nuts are tight. These tend to leak easily. The Holley part nimber for the filter and gasket is 162-500 and for the springs is 1038-1340.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
One word of caution, the float bowls on the DZ carbs are a softer cast material than the
inlet filter nuts. If you tighten them too much you can strip them. I had this problem and had to hunt everywhere for an original rear float bowl. You can get them new but they are a different colour. I went to a guy who specializes in old carbs and he says most of the ones he finds are stripped or they have been epoxied to stop leaks.
The trick is to immobilize the inlet nut and tighten the flare nut on the fuel line.
It is amazing how much fuel can leak when it is under pressure.

------------------
Only 69 Z/28s
Garnet Red 30,000 mi
30,000 mi motor
Glacier Blue
Rally Green new in 69

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Is there a specific bowl that is needed to replace the bowls on the DZ carb? I have a 3310-2 and the bowls look identical in every way to my DZ carb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.