Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys
After installing the console,I can only get the fuel guage to 1/4 full. All this after I put 15 gal. of gas in it.
Thanks,David

·
Super Moderator
32,530 Posts
Flick the fuel gauge with your finger as you would a sibling's ear, it might be stuck.

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Sometimes the needle gets stuck on the back of the gauge console cover. Take the cover off and see if it goes up near full, if it does then you need to bend the needle down, or make sure it's pressed all the way down on the shaft. In extreme cases you may need to take a file to the rear face of the cover to provide the proper clearance.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys
I messed around with the gusge. I would move it up,but it would go back to the same spot each time. Is the guage trash??
Thanks,David

·
Registered
38 Posts
correct sending unit??

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Got the right resistor on the back of the gauge? Assuming the resistors aren't built into the gauges there are two resistors on the fuel and temperature guages in the center console. One is a 46 ohm resistor and one is an 86 ohm resistor. The 46 ohm one goes on the fuel gauge and the 86 ohm one goes on the temperature gauge.

Mixing them up will cause the both gauges to read low. The fuel guage resistor is mounted on a plastic (phenolic) board with holes for the two posts on the gauge, and usually has a pink daub of paint on it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys
Hummm let me look into that. I could have them mixed up. Also,the sending unit was from Rick's.It was the dual fuel line kind since that was what I took off.
Thanks,David

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
We should get together, It would be great to meet some other Camaro people near me. Shoot me an e-mail with your phone number, I will do the same. I think from other post you have a Pace Car? You do know about the Barn Sale Car Show in Camden right? Cruisin for Cure in Little Rock next weekend? Plant worker? Anyplace in Highland?

Might have seen me around town, click on the link in my sig to see mt daily driver.

Joe

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Joe
I did not know of the events you talk about.Yes,I have a Pace Car.I took it for a shake-down cruse last weekend. It seemed to do good.A-lot of little things still to do. But,its on the road after 12 years.I will be at the state H.O.G rally in Hot Springs this weekend.Yes,I would like to meet.It is always nice to meet other camaro people.Talk to you later.
Thanks,David

·
Registered
7,159 Posts

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
David try this, if you need help give me a call. This is the site I was thinking about. Took me a few days to find it. I posted if anyone knew it and then found it 10 min later............go figure.

Joe

Fuel Gauge Trouble Shooting Site

BTW:
Little Rock was pretty good show, had it in old historic downtown so the ladies had plenty of shopping to do.

Joe

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Whatever happened with the guage?

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Well if David does not chime in here I will tell. We stopped and got gas before doing to much cruising with that big block, the gauge was not working correctly but I never noticed I was to busy enjoying the ride, my daughter came along for the ride also. I looked at her and said your lucky David got fuel, it would be a shame if you had to push. ;) :D

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
I'm corn-fused. Looking for the real answer, or did I miss something? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Guys
The guage is still not working correctly.I will put-up with it till I put her up for winter.Then,I plan on pulling the gas tank and working all the way back to the guage.I have seen some threads on what the ohms should read and will check all that.But, any suggestions are always helpfull.
Thanks,David

1 - 18 of 18 Posts