Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 68 coupe with a mild 350/th350 and am wanting to convert to EFI/overdrive. I am not looking for a 500hp monster (not that is a bad thing), just something that will get some respect on the street. I know that several of you on this board have done this and I need some advice. I am stuck trying to decide between a modern LT1/4l60e or using my current set up with a edelbrock pro-flo/200r4 system. I talked to the bowtieoverdrive company and they gave me some good info for going the 200r4 route, but it will cost about $1500 after everything is said and done and still put another $2000 into the edelbrock/holley mpfi system. I have a chance to buy an 95 impala ss eng/tranny for about $1500. I have an idea about the fuel system conversion and understand that I would have to convert the current lt1 harness or get a stand alone wiring system for it (have researched the conversion process). I would like any advice from anyone that has converted (to either one).

Thanks,
130fe

·
Registered
76 Posts
Your local emission jurisdiction should be also considered when doing the swap, so it can be recertified back on the road.

a)Lt-1 motors are reversed flow, check on the radiator for the swap.
b)You need to get a new speedometer to match the Lt1 tranny.(keep the Vss)
c)Shorten driveshaft and new yoke to match new Lt-1 tranny, need new Tranny support
d)Accesories location have to be considered
and pcm location.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts