Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 85 305tpi camaro I pulled off the fuel rail with the injectors my question is this. The very tip of the injectors has some sort of plastic piece with the needle in the middle a few of mine were cracked but the needle looked good The fuel rail was hard to pull off the intake and I think thats when it happened. Does this mean I need new injectors or just this little piece at the end. Or do I need it at all. thanks

·
Registered
321 Posts
The cracks could cause improper atomization of the fuel hence you won't get the best performance. If for some reason the do break off it could cause some problems with the intake valves or worse. I personaly would just replace them.

------------------
68 RS red w/ white stripes
67 SS/RS restoring

·
Registered
219 Posts
I wouldn't replace them. Take them off and send them to Cruzin Performance. Rich will go through them much cheaper than you can buy new/reman injectors. www.cruzinperformance.com

------------------
67 Camaro LS6 454/TH400/12bolt 3.73
1989 TransAm 5.7L WS6 W/all the options

www.geocities.com/akfourme/

·
Registered
8 Posts
You also could order a new set of high performance injectors from Summit. They have FP performance for around $450 or ACCELL for around $250. There compatable with your computer. I bought 24lb versus the original 19lb, which helps in future mods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts