21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Did the ferrule slip over the line?

·
Registered
858 Posts
then you should be good to go. And yes, a good set of line wrenches would help.

·
Premium Member
1968 Camaro
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yes I'll def add it to my list. I'll try to fire it up tomorrow and let you guys know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My experience is mainly with Swagelok style fittings. Thirty plus years. We work with gasses and have to have to make leak tight fittings. We use what is called a Leak Detective to sniff all connections. We don't let even an atom leak out of our tubing runs.

Similar principle to the fittings you have. We always like to tighten up a connection. Then take it apart and visually inspect the line. If done properly, the ferrule will be tight on the tubing, and you can see that the tubing extends past the ferrule.

Before making any connections, we always make sure to screw the nut down by hand to make sure threads are good.

We have worked with some AN style fittings on cars. Not a lot. Made the connection. Unscrewed the nut and inspected the connection. Reattached the line. Never had a gasoline leak.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Throwing this out in case any one else comes across this thread. This is how I ran my in-tank pump lines and had zero issues. I ran a hard line 90% of the way but used a little bit of EFI hose. My hard line in the rear terminated near the back frame rail and then I ran rubber hose over to the pump. Same went for the front, I ran hard line all the way to the frame rail just a past the fire wall with a rubber line going up to the actual Sniper unit.

·
Premium Member
1968 Camaro
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Throwing this out in case any one else comes across this thread. This is how I ran my in-tank pump lines and had zero issues. I ran a hard line 90% of the way but used a little bit of EFI hose. My hard line in the rear terminated near the back frame rail and then I ran rubber hose over to the pump. Same went for the front, I ran hard line all the way to the frame rail just a past the fire wall with a rubber line going up to the actual Sniper unit.
View attachment 277299
Where did you mount the vent? I'm noticing a little gas leaking out when filling up lol

·
Premium Member
1968 Camaro
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Update: She fired right up and I was able to go on a test drive. Go some non fuel leak issues to sort out like a high idle,but it was pretty good first ride. Cant wait to really drive her.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts