Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at all of the aftermarket choices for fuel line. I would like to spend my money wisely, so, I thought I would ask the group. The rubber line looks like the easiest to work with and the claim is it is resistant to ethanol fuel. The other end of the spectrum is the PTFE stuff which seems a bit more challenging and more expensive. I will have to run an supply and return line about 20 feet total plus a line to throttle body for a total of about 26 feet. Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
4,359 Posts
I would not run that much hose. Use hardline with short pieces to interface to it. Nicopp bends easy.

I use Holley Vaporguard hose and AN fittings.

Don

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought the vaporguard kit from holley. it was easy to work with, came with all of the fittings, and I havent had any issues.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
I used the PTFE cloth covered fuel line on my car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
I did the same a Mr. Don. I ran 3/8" NiCopp line. I bought a 2 feet section of stainless steel braided, PTFE hose, Russell, part number 658520, to connect to the gas tank to the hard line and a 1 foot section for the engine side. Bending a long continuous hard line is difficult. I used two sections of hard line. I joined the two with a fuel filter between them. The cost of the AN fittings can add up quickly. I used coat hangers to practice and to see how it was going to look under the car.

Running the entire length with flexible line is a viable alternative. Many people do it. It is easy to thread the line through tight spaces. The hardest part is fastening the line to the car. Some people just use plastic wire ties. I don't recommend using plastic wire ties. The plastic deteriorates over time. Some flexible fuel hoses will allow gas vapor to permeate through the lining so the car will smell like gas. I think you know that Ethanol will destroy some types of flexible fuel lines. Manufacturers of PTFE hose claim that Ethanol will not harm the hose and it will not wick gas vapors.

The cost is about the same between flexible and hard line. Consider the cost of the tools to connect the fittings to the line and the cost of the fittings.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am liking the idea of running the Nickle Copper hard line with flexible TPFE line at tank connection and throttle body. When you transition from NiCopp to TPFE do you need to flare the hard line? Does the NiCopp cut easily, and with what tool?

·
13,851 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,359 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I went with the Holley vapor guard kit on my 68. Easy to work with and I secured the line about every 14-18" with clamps.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
NiCopp here, but I flare with a RIDGID 37 degree flaring tool and use tube nuts and sleeves

Reactions: DT
1 - 10 of 10 Posts