Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to those who educated me on the russell fitting the other night, it went together fine. The new question I have is in the picture below where the fuel line fitting sits on the engine, it's right against the heater hose coming off the manifold, I have no room to move it anywhere else with the edelbrock kit that I got. Is this safe? Will this cause any performance problems when hot? Thanks in advance again.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
I'd call it good. I like the hardline, too. Nice setup!
If you wanted to, you could take off the Edelbrock line, and hive the "downward part" a lil tweek to move the whole thing inboard a lil

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
try it...the worst that can happen is it vapor locks...at which point, you can add fuel line 45`s to get it where you need it, or move the heater hose, but i think you`ll be fine...i dont believe enough heat will transfer thru the aluminum to cause you a problem...

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Mine is like that. Never had a vapor lock problem even when it's 100+ here.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Thanks to those who educated me on the russell fitting the other night, it went together fine. The new question I have is in the picture below where the fuel line fitting sits on the engine, it's right against the heater hose coming off the manifold, I have no room to move it anywhere else with the edelbrock kit that I got. Is this safe? Will this cause any performance problems when hot? Thanks in advance again.

That's beautiful. Can you tell me where you got the hard line and the Edelbrock part? Thanks. Mike. :beers: :beers:

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
per5sonally, i'd get a 45 degree fitting for the heater hoe where it comes out of the intake, if only because the hoe look kind of "goofy" coming out the way you have it.
with a 45, you could elegantly wrap it around the valve cover and kind of unclutter that area. i'm not much of a "pretty engine bay" kind of guy, but i like things to look uncluttered.
on a related note, i'd also get rid of that t-stat housing and get one without a pipe plug in it- Jeg's has the one that GM puts on the big block crate engines for like $7- and rotate all hose clamps so you can't see the screw at all. this is the kinds of things i do when i'm bored and broke and want to do SOMETHING to my car..

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
It won't vapor lock. ;)
That only happens on the vacuum (suction) side of the fuel pump.
Worst that could happen is it could heat the fuel enough to push the needle of it's seat and flood the engine, but there is nowhere near enough contact area for that to ever be a concern either.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
thanks for all the responses, seems like vapor lock is the worst that could happen, so we'll leave it be for now.

Big Mike, the filter and chrome section of the line that runs right on the carb I bought off Ebay, but summit has them too, it's edlbrock #8131 carb line kit, the fitting is a russell #639200 (also at summit), and the bent line from the pump up to the fitting I made myself from 3/8 steel line I bought at Autozone down the street. That was my first successful try at bending/flaring line (I bought extra line since it's cheap to practice on before I made the piece in the picture).

By the way, here is the before picture of the mess I started with:

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
I just took a peek (have the same edelbrock line and filter kit) and figured out why I don';t have that interference. The 1" spacer under my carb lifts it up enough to clear the line!

Note that combo (sbc, perf rpm, 1" spacer, edelbrock carb, edelbrock drop base air cleaner w/3" filter) just BARELY clears the SS hood.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts