Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was just looking into a new OEM fuel line pump to carb. Anyone know where the line actually ends towards the rear?? Is it by the tank?? Do I have to remove the tank to install?? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Hey guys, I was just looking into a new OEM fuel line pump to carb. Anyone know where the line actually ends towards the rear?? Is it by the tank?? Do I have to remove the tank to install?? Thanks.
Nope, you don't have to remove the tank; there's a rubber hose connection between the sender pipe on the tank and the end of the main fuel line on the rear rail.

:beers:

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John. Boy they rigged this line up, LOL.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
If you've got subframe connectors it's going to be interesting. Was just thinking about that the other day....wonder if the best thing to do is cut and flare the line to make it a two piece.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Steiner, stock frame. It looks like someone made it a two piece though because it has what looks like a union in the line.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Previous owner of mine bought a coil of 3/8 copper water line and ran this squiggly, twisty line from the tank to the pump.
I kept the copper line as a memento.
:)

Haha, you just can't make this stuff up! :noway:

·
Premium Member
19,674 Posts
Here is a few pictures i took before my restoration. It shows the layout and clips.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Roger, It doesn't get any better than that !! Excellent pictures, thanks. :beers:

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Previous owner of mine bought a coil of 3/8 copper water line and ran this squiggly, twisty line from the tank to the pump.
I kept the copper line as a memento.
:)

I'm surprised you didn't sell it and buy yourself another Little Debbie.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts