Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up parts to put this thing on the road, and NPD asked me for the casting number on the engine to get a pump to carb line. I have a 400 SBC and it is not the original engine. Do I really need that number? The engine is in the car, and if I am not mistaken the casting number is on the back. Are there any suggestions on what that number is needed for and how do I get it?

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
What kind of Carb? If its a holley tell him its a Z28, if its a 4 bbl Rochester or Edelbrock tell him its a 350 SS. If its a 2 bbl tell him its a 327/210HP base engine. He doesn't need to know the casting number, just the type of engine and carb.

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
No rubber hoses in fuel lines, except as isolation from the frame to the engine. Eventually your looking at a fire hazard as the rubber lines and its clamps start leaking, especialy on the pressure side of the pump. Stick with metal all the way to the carb.

·
Super Moderator
32,771 Posts
An older 62-66 327-300HP used Carter AFB having the fuel inlet at passenger rear of carb body.

There is a pic of this set-up shown here just last week?

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
An older 62-66 327-300HP used Carter AFB having the fuel inlet at passenger rear of carb body.

There is a pic of this set-up shown here just last week?
Been there, gone through that. Agree with Everett, that would be the line to use. Do yourself a favor, get a complete list of any / all plumbing related items you will need, and call Right Stuff Detailing and order them up. Great people to deal with, great products, and all the repro houses get thier plumbing either from them or inline tube anyway.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Nope no rubber fuel lines anywhere. The carb I have is Edelbrock Performer Series 600. #1406. Where does that fit? (Nobody said I was technical)
Go to the Edelbrock web site and see if these parts are what you are looking for call and ask them your questions. I have and Edelbrock #1405 which is the same carb but without the elec. choke. Part #651100 is the hard line from the carb w/filter. Part # 651102 is for big block from the pump, #651101 is for small block. Or you can just make your own SS line from the pump up to the hard line filter using -6AN fittings. Which is what I did. What fuel pump are you using? It may make a difference on what fittings you might want to buy. Mine was an Edelbrock performer pump. But check out the pics of the parts and order from whereever you can get them the cheapest. I know Jeg's or Summit should have what your looking for.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FUEL PUMP TO CARBURETOR LINE 327/257 hp and 350-295 hp OEM Material 1967-1969 Pump to Carb Lines:

Correct reproduction of the original fuel pump carb lines for use with all 1967-1969 327/295hp and 350-295 hp models with 4 bbl. carbs. 3/8 line.

Based on what you guys have told me, the above description is what I am after, correct? (still waiting an response from Edelbrock)

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
NO! That line is for a quadrajet carb, and will end up several inches short of the inlet on the edelbrock!

tgiffords suggestion works, it's the one I used, but...it's not stock appearing, it's EXPENSIVE, and it won't work with a stock fuel pump.

Some searches I just did shows several small blocks with Carter AFB carbs (your edelbrock IS a carter AFB!) produced between 62 and 65, including a 327-340 HP motor in 62, and a 327-300 HP motor in 62-65.

These engines were used on both Corvettes and full size chevy's, and a reproduction fuel line for one of them will fit your application perfectly.

You will also need an inlet fitting for the carb, with a flare seat rather than a tube bib. Edelbrock has these.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, no response from Edelbrock and I don't have the opportunity to call since I get off work at 5:30 and not home till 6:00 (if I am out on time). I tried to locate part #651101 on thier website but was unable to. What about using some of the braided flexible, lines I was able to see on their site?
:yes: :noway: :confused:

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
The braided flex lines, with the filter kit and short SS hardline from Edelbrock look and work great. Of course they are not "stock like" in appearance. They will NOT attach to your stock fuel pump though, the 45 degree flare fitting on the stock pump is welded on and doesn't come off, and the 37 degree AN fitting for the SS flex line needs to screw into a female 3/8" pipe thread, common on aftermarket pumps.

When all is said and done, you'll have over $200 into 3 feet of fuel line.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
When you do get the correct part # please post it I will be changeing to the same carb soon I bet. I have used the Q jet to avoid that hassel for now. Got too many other irons in the fire. I have a flare kit and was expecting to bend it myself when the time comes. Its probly# 651100 that was posted
Thanks

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AAAHHHH:pout: Frustration is getting the best of me with this pump to carb problem. Edelbrock #1406 carb with stock pump on 400sbc. No answer from Edelbrock and they are now closed. I tried looking at Jegs but with all the parts and pieces, I wasn't sure what was what. Looks like braided hose, but what are the fittings and how many? Somebody please take pity on me:confused:

·
Super Moderator
32,771 Posts
I would think it would be a kit from the fuel pump to carb with filter.

Try summit racing and search for fuel lines.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts