Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a stainless ( tank to fuel pump) line for my 67 and its come in a box thats about 7 ft. long and the fuel line is sort of folder in half. Not so much that its kinked but Im not super sure about "un-folding" it. Is this a normal way to send these lines and how do I safely straighten it out so it doesn't kink?? Don't laugh now..

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Brake lines come this way too.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Yes, that's normal. Just hold it on the straight part right before the bend with one hand and start bending a little bit out from that hand at a time gradually, don't "make a wish" with it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK thanks. I plan to take it out of the box and see if it relaxes a bit but it sure is folded like a horseshoe.

·
Retired
26,663 Posts
From Inline Tube...

What is a shipping bend?

Shipping bends are required to ship all lines over 6 feet in length. This bend is a large-radius bend that is the same as a 5 gallon bucket. The tubing is not stressed so the bend is easily straightened to the original form. To remove the shipping bend, simply unroll the section marked between the tags on a flat surface such as a table or garage floor. Use the floor as a straight edge. Whatever gentle bend is left, straighten by hand. When the tube is straight you are done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts