Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently purchased an 89 IROC 305 TBI... and I am switching to carb. I know all of the opinions on why this is not the best move, but I really enjoy older-fashioned set-ups, and I am in no way concerned with fuel economy, and as far as emissions goes, this is more of a project car than a regular driver or street car. I already have a non-computer controlled distributor, and a new manifold is already installed to fit carb applications. Anways, here is my question:

The ECM, which I have taken out, apparently controls the fuel pump. How can I wire the fuel pump so that it will work correctly, and where is the best place to access the wiring to the fuel pump? Also, which sensors can I remove (or at least the wiring for) which were previously controlled or monitored by the ECM that are now useless? I am just worried that I will accidentally remove some important wiring. Am I correct in assuming that ANYTHING previously connected in some way to the ECM is useless now? Is there any way I can monitor the temperature on the gauge already installed? (i'm assuming that was previously controlled by the ECM). Thank you all in advance for your help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.