Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Getting ready to convert my 1969 Camaro 350 HO to Holley EFI Sniper system and I am looking for feedback on this fuel pump.
Has anyone tried one of these? Anyone find another drop in replacement sending unit, fuel pump combo?

Spectra SP177A1H $115.00 + tax is a drop in replacement in the stock tank.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
17 Posts
on Amazon, a few reviews they say it won’t work with a stock tank.
I’ve seen spektra makes a fi tank for our cars but the fuel pump is small
In my opinion, I’d still get some kind of tank or setup with a sump or baffles to keep fuel surrounding the fuel pump when fuel is low in the tank.
I was looking at the spektra setup but when you put a 255 pump it’ll add about $100+ to the costs of this tank setup.
Still may be cheaper than tanks inc setup.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My tank needs replacing as it’s old, has an old repair with lead on a bottom corner and someone welded in a sump with a bung that’s leaking very minor though...
Now I need to decide which way to go with this build.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Hi,

Getting ready to convert my 1969 Camaro 350 HO to Holley EFI Sniper system and I am looking for feedback on this fuel pump.
Has anyone tried one of these? Anyone find another drop in replacement sending unit, fuel pump combo?

Spectra SP177A1H $115.00 + tax is a drop in replacement in the stock tank.

Thanks,

Joe
Don't just drop that in a stock tank. I guess there are cavitation issues because there isn't a baffle/sump in the stock tank. I just went through all the research for this and ended up getting their tank and fuel pump combo. Their tank has a sump/baffle. I only paid $277 from RockAuto.

·
14,272 Posts
I've done 2 Holley sniper installs the past few months on friends Camaros

I used the tanks inc EFI tank and corvette style filter/regulator. Single line to Throttle Body and plug the return port as the Vette reg is set at 58 psi. On the set-up screen change the default 60 psi to 58.

The cars are running great

Reactions: 130fe

·
Premium Member
3,716 Posts
I think I used the Spectra in anticipation of going EFI. (MSD Atomic Still in the box)I cant remember if I got it from Rock or Tanks & Pans. Regulated down to 7 psi for the Demon carb with a return. Pump mysteriously quit working after a stray cat took up residence under the car to birth. Work on that this four day weekend. But the question is I thought EFI wanted about 45 PSI and I can't get my head around return-less systems. Have not done the EFI because I have a one wire alternator that does not put out steady power. EFI doesn't like that?
I think I accidently Hijacked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts