Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fam, I've just joined and I'm reaching out for help. I have a 95 camaro z28.
I have just replaced 02 sensor, map sensor, water pump, plugs and wires, and undated opti spark to Msd pro billet. I also have after market headers.

For starters I have my fuel pump regulator with a screw going thru it and the vacuum hose cut off with a screw going thru it as well. Been like this for years.

I put fuel pump gauge on shader valve and it reads 30 psi with engine off, psi goes to 39-40 with engine on. I snap throttle psi drops psi. I bought car years ago with fpr blocked off,and never did anything about it.

·
Super Moderator
32,894 Posts
Welcome, Damellion,
With 30 PSIG, engine off, this is good meaning check valve does not leak and injectors do not leak.

The screw in the regulator is way of maxing the pressure.
Vacuum line should hook to full time intake vacuum.
At lower than WOT, FPR lessens fuel for MPG, WOT FPR increases pressure to max.

You might want to buy a Haynes manual for the Camaro and have a reference to start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Everett, I will get on top of that. So if I'm supposed to get 41-47 psi but only getting 30, would that call for a weak pump or dirty filter??

·
Super Moderator
32,894 Posts
You're welcome,
Could be a dirty/plugged filter or dirty sock in pick-up tube or faulty FPR or pump faulty.
You could deadhead the pump by clamping off the return line and turn on ign sw or bypass pump relay socket providing pump with battery power - momentarily.
Gauge should show at least I would think min 50 PSIG.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts