Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm planning to install a new electric fuel pump on my '68. No cell, I have a sumped tank. After looking around the tank, it's definitely a little cramped for space... Where do you guys mount your pumps? Got any pics? Thanks.

Jim

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I finally decided on how to go about this. Thanks to those of you who sent photos of your setups. It's definitely cramped under there... I have a fuel cell I could use to eliminate this dilemma, but I want to retain a stock look as much as possible. Plus, I need the trunk room for other goodies... So, I plan to remove my sumped tank in 2 weeks to install a return line fitting and a new vent. When it's out, I will cut away about 6 inches from the right side of the tank. I will use that open space to mount my Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump and filter. Hopefully, it ends up being subtle and trick.

Jim

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan to install a 3" exhaust system, including collectors, tubing, Borla XR-1 mufflers, and probably a Dr. Gas X pipe. Still debating the value of the X pipe.

Jim

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
Not too bad, but mounted my electric carter 6900 in right rear corner just above the leaf spring. Set up a relay system from the front near battery and ran wiring.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
If you don't have the muffler between the axle and the tank, there is that muffler hanger there which can be used to mount a pump if it's not too big.
I intended to do just that except my Holley 12-150 is too tall. I ended up having to mount it just infront of the axle and using one of the dual exhaust mufller hanger mounts. I just HATE drilling holes in cars.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BlackoutSteve, that's a good idea. I think my pump and filter would be too large to mount there. With part of the fuel tank gone, it should tuck nicely up behind the wheel well, be hidden, yet still be somewhat accessible.

Thanks for the input fellas.

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts