Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally getting around to connecting my fuel sender but am having a brain dead moment. On top of the tank is a male spade terminal, which I assume goes to ground, and a male unthreaded post terminal. I have about 1/2 a tank of gas and got around 40 ohms between the two so that seems right. The question is what type of wiring connector connects to the unthreaded post on top of the tank?

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
Pwoolford, the brown sending wire that goes to that post has a rounded cap type rubber boot with the post gripping insert that connects to the wire. It looks somewhat like a very very small spark plug boot that goes into the distrubutor. Im not sure if they are common in modern cars but thats what goes there. Hopefull others will chime in too with where to look for that type connector, Im not sure.

·
15,370 Posts
They're sold by the aftermarket folks... Ricks, Classic Ind., D&R.

Here's Ricks info:

71184 67-68 Fuel Sender Harness
We stock only Factory-Fit wiring harnesses for your Camaro. American made by M. Parker Autoworks, Inc. to exact factory specifications. Original new GM components are used whenever possible. Don't be misled by other brands that offer generic fits. Use only correct, Factory-Fit direct replacement harnesses. Our Price:
$ 11.95

97607 69 Fuel Sender Harness
We stock only Factory-Fit wiring harnesses for your Camaro. American made by M. Parker Autoworks, Inc. to exact factory specifications. Original new GM components are used whenever possible. Don't be misled by other brands that offer generic fits. Use only correct, Factory-Fit direct replacement harnesses. Our Price:
$ 11.95

1 - 3 of 3 Posts