Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 68 camaro with a 350 engine and I need information about replacing the fuel strainer also called a sock on the end of the sending unit in the gas tank. The parts stores have them for late model cars with fuel injection but none will work.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I really don't see the need for one. I took mine off and just run a quality fuel filter, that I replace easily.

------------------
68 468 700R4, and here it is;
mutert23

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Depending on how old your tank is, I don't think it's a bad idea to run 2 filters, one in the rear right off the tank, and one under the hood, right before the carb. I don't think it will inadvertantly affect your psi, and one might catch what the other lets through. Considering that 1 tiny little piece of garbage can screw up your carb, I like having the added insurance filter, so to speak. KZ

·
Registered
582 Posts
The car should run fine without the sock, If the tank is full of crud, wash it out, We used to blow the sock off, without removeing the tank, Remove fuel cap, remove fuel line at fuel pump, (best to do this with as little gas in the tank as possible) using compressed air give the fuel line a good hard blast, the sock should come right off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts