Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 67 a couple of months ago and found it was a great deal because everything worked great on it. I put it on a lift last week though after finding that the oil was leaking. Someone told me the rear main seal is where the oil leaks from because there is nothing wrong with the oil pan. That should cost me some money to fix. Then I was wiping down the gas tank and all of a sudden gas started to slowly drip out of a little spot. Then I wiped it again and it started to steadily drip from multiple spots. The holes are almost invisible and are leaking gas at a very slow rate. I was wondering if there is any way to temporarily patch a gas tank until the new one arrives. Somebody told me ivory bar soap can fill in the cracks and stop the leak, but it has not been very reliable. Any suggestions?

·
Retired
16,004 Posts
someone lead soldered holes in mine, luckily I found them before they leaked and pitched the whole tank. Resto companies have new tanks for around $200. I was very leary of messing with gas that might start to leak somewhere new soon too. Just an option.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Time for a new tank. I got one at Carlisle last week for $84.00. Others were selling them for $139.00 . My tank lasted 35 years, I figured it's time to replace it rather than repair. I had a leak on the top.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts