Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a badly leaking fuel tank in my 68 Camaro and am planning on replacing the tank. If you have used an aftermarket tank, do they fit correctly?
Secondly, what else should I replace while I have the tank out??

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I bought an aftermarket for my 69, and compared it to my original....very close! depends on what you are doing. If you want it to look stock, I'd change the straps. Careful though, For 69, the straps should be plated--can't remember, either gavlanized or silver cad. The ones I got from D&R were painted. Although, this may be another case where Norwood did one thing, and Van Nuys did another. Anyone know for sure?

I'd also changed my sender...I was going from double line to single line, but I probably would have changed it anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
I put a repro in my 69 - very good product. At the same time, I put a new sender on and swapped out my dual line for a single. The straps can be either galvanized or 30 % flat black - both are correct. I would also get the anti-squeek rubbers. Yours are most likely deteriorated.I also clear coated my new tank with POR15.

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I am not really concerned with originality, just proper fit. I've had too many aftermarket products that didn't fit correctly. I guess I will place an order for a new tank and definately an anti-squeak kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts