Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan to start the 406 today. What would be the best way to get fuel to the carb when the fuel lines are empty from the tank forward. Don't want to have to crank the engine a lot waiting for fuel to get there with mechanical pump.

Thanks
RJ

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
I always heard to manually fill the bowls thru the sight glass, and then a little gas down the carb and that should help start the car faster.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I alaways pour a good amount down the carb and will fire right up, assumming timing is setup correctly.

Jeff G.
69 Verts
69 Z/28
66 Chevelle

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,193 Posts
You can always blow a little pressure in the gas tank, put a rag around an air nozzle. You can take the fuel line off at the carb and blow until you see fuel (use a catch can).

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yip...fill the float bowls. Go buy your self one of those condiment bottles at walmart like you would use for ketchup and stuff...it fits in perfectly and holds enough gas to fill both bowls.

·
Retired
26,656 Posts
Fill the float bowls through the bowl vent tubes.
I agree, this is the safeist way and the most effective... Once you add the fuel, work the throttle and watch the accl pump squirters. If you get a squirt the engine will start and the fuel pump should catch up right away...

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Yip...fill the float bowls. Go buy your self one of those condiment bottles at walmart like you would use for ketchup and stuff...it fits in perfectly and holds enough gas to fill both bowls.
Yup - that's what I use; fill the bowls through the bowl vent tubes, and that's more than enough to run the engine long enough to fill the fuel system. :thumbsup:

:beers:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts