Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 Coupe 350 car that I am doing a complete restoration on. I'm in the process of putting the subframe on now but I'm not sure if I have to run a vaper return line and charcoal canister for when I install the fuel tank, I haven't noticed them on other cars, this is a non-emission controlled car. I got a new sending unit, stainless fuel line and tank from classic industries. I would appreciate any help. I bought the car as chassis only, rust free so I didn't take the origial fuel system out. This car will not be original or numbers matching. Thanks for any help.

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
welcome to Team Camaro. There were no charcoal canisters on the 69's that Ive ever heard of. The only reason to use a return line is trying to be original with a Roch QJet carb, they were the only ones to use the return line. The holleys didnt use them.
I have the original return lines capped off on my car even tho I went back to Original Qjet carb. Its running fine without it connected at all.
Save the money and trying to find a dual line float for the gas tank is very hard as well.
Go without it .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts