1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
I thought it looked pretty good.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Interesting concept with a lot of work in it. Cant tell if i like it or not from the pics. I think it needs a walk around.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I like it but clearly it's not a 69. You gotta appreciate the work that went into it. Nice write up too. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

It's hard to believe the author of the article said this.
"As you may have guessed, we’ve seen more than most so it takes a lot to capture our attention" "At first, it appeared to just be another ’69 Camaro. Clearly, we gave it a once over and then moved on. But after the initial scan, something seemed…off"

Seriously? Dead giveaway is the rake of the windshield and the doors. Even a novice Camaro guy should be able to spot that immediately.

Reactions: rgwiz

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I can't decide, but I'm leaning towards liking it. If nothing else, you have to admire the craftsmanship.

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Chevy should have done something like that instead of letting Camaro die off for a few years.

Yes Dom, I too noticed the glass and roof line in the very first pic.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I give a lot of credit to the person that took those pictures. I've seen this modification several times online and once in person. From most perspectives, it looks "wrong."
The 69 nose does not fit the flow of the 4th gen body. (Would anyone stick a 4th gen nose on a 69 Camaro?)

It's a swing and a miss for me.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Sorta makes me cringe. Like has been said, appreciate the work done...but finished product just looks wrong.

·
Registered
781 Posts
You all know I am a big advocate of making cars better than original, but always keeping in line with the 'originality' of the car no matter what I build.
This is a case where they have gone way beyond that point and as much as I can appreciate the work that went into this car, to me the design is not good for many reasons.

Just my 2 cents
Steve

Reactions: Parkerized

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Chevy should have done something like that instead of letting Camaro die off for a few years.
I kind of agree with rgwiz. If it was not for what we know today where they took the 5th and 6th gens it could have been a transition car. At least you can see out of the side windows. The visibility out of the new Camaro's has always been a sore point with me. Looks cool but can't see s**t.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I saw the orange one at charlotte Autofair with the top down and the hood up and it looked like a 69, walking away is when I looked back and went to look closer. I like it.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I agree with Brian and Ray. To me you leave the old cars the way they made them with the kind of engines they came with. To modernize them like that you loose the purpose and originality of the car. Its ok to modify them so long as you modify what is there and improve what the factory made .Ray is also right G / M should have done a much better job of re designing the Camaro as I don't care for the make over , Ford and Mopar on the other hand did an excellent job all around . Alex

·
Registered
33 Posts
That is not.. appealing.... I am all in on pro touring , ls3, suspension ,1st gen , but in no way does that fit in with anything I find nice..

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts