Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is a copy of a previous post about my wiring diagrams. I have updated the image hosting site address as the old one went under.

I never liked the old wiring diagram for the 69 Camaro that's in the assembly manual and also available for years in other publications. To try to make it easier to read and actually understand what's going in the circuit, I've decided to draw up some full color wiring diagrams that's based on later model wiring diagram manuals. Instead of one big drawing of all the circuits, I've split them up into managable sections for each circuit. I also have included detailed drawings of the switches and other components so the technician can understand how these work.

Take a look at what I have. I am making them available at no cost to all Team Camaro members.

BTW, suggestions, comments, likes, and dislikes are more than welcome.

Larry

http://www.myimagehosting.com/album_folder.php?u_id=1808aaKnA&f_id=2296

·
Registered
819 Posts
Very nice. You did an excellent job on them. Thanks for putting forth the extra effort to make our lives a little easier. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the majority of them has changed. Since the old image hosting site is gone, I don't know which ones are obsolete. I guess you better hook up and download 'em again!

Larry

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
That Rocks....And I don't even need em right now...But I downloaded all of em just so I would have them for my next project....Thanks a ton!

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My plan is to do the 68 and 67 next. The only thing that is holding me back is that I like to use an actual harness as a guide. The original 69 diagrams had a few errors compared to my three harnesses that I have. Even then, that might not be totally accurate because there may have been differences in harness construction throughout the model year. But I think overall, the possible differences might not be that big of a deal. At least the diagrams are easier to read, IMO.

Thanks for the compliments! Please, if you see any mistakes, let me know.

Larry

·
Registered
96 Posts
Larry, thanks for doing this and posting it. They are great and a wonderful service to the hobby. Please do the 68 and 67 if you can. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
These are great! I am getting ready to install aftermarket power windows and was doing a search and found your drawings.
You are awesome. Larry.
Thanks for taking the time to do them and for letting us use them.

Happy Holidays

joe

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the compliments. It means a lot coming from TC members.

If you want the entire set with troubleshooting tips and circuit operation descriptions, you can see where to get them on the Forum Classifieds. Some of the diagrams that I have on the image hosting site are not up to date.

Larry

·
Registered
72 Posts
Below is a copy of a previous post about my wiring diagrams. I have updated the image hosting site address as the old one went under.

I never liked the old wiring diagram for the 69 Camaro that's in the assembly manual and also available for years in other publications. To try to make it easier to read and actually understand what's going in the circuit, I've decided to draw up some full color wiring diagrams that's based on later model wiring diagram manuals. Instead of one big drawing of all the circuits, I've split them up into managable sections for each circuit. I also have included detailed drawings of the switches and other components so the technician can understand how these work.

Take a look at what I have. I am making them available at no cost to all Team Camaro members.

BTW, suggestions, comments, likes, and dislikes are more than welcome.

Larry

http://www.myimagehosting.com/album_folder.php?u_id=1808aaKnA&f_id=2296
Is it still possible to get a copy of the 69 Camaro wiring diagram?

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is it still possible to get a copy of the 69 Camaro wiring diagram?
Yes sir they are still available on eBay.

Thanks for your interest!

Larry

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
These are worth their weight in cold. Larry makes it very simple to follow the circuits. There are only minor changes for the '67 and '68.

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,044 Posts
I bought/downloaded a set a few years ago, printed them out and then made them into a spiral-bound book I keep in the garage. Not only are they awesome, but Larry has included plenty of helpful pages on trouble shooting and a great tutorial on electric system icons so you can really dig into the illustrations. On top of all that, Larry's one of us and he's usually around these forums so it's not unusual to see him jump into a thread and comment. Thanks again for all your help Larry.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks! I appreciate the comments.

Mike, I like the idea of binding the pages and considered doing that but I don't sell enough of them to justify the extra cost. It's funny; for a year or so they were selling well then it seems like all the Camaro owners got what they needed and sales slowed to a trickle!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts