Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 rs that i just recently took out of storage for the summer now that it is nice out. When i took the car out i checked all the lights to see if they worked which they all did. Well last monday i was leaving a friends house and it was dark out. I turned the lights on and now my headlights and front parking lights work fine but my gauge lights and taillights do not work at all. I have checked all fuses and they are fine. Does this sound like a bad light switch? I have taken the switch out and taken it apart and tried to clean the contacts but that didn't work. The switch i believe is the original and seems pretty worn. I have ordered a new light switch and am waiting for the part now but i am open to all suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Even if the fuse appears to be intact, if the clips have corrosion on them, it can still affect the lights... Pull the fuse and use a fine sandpaper to clean the clips .... That may resolve the problem

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Check the tail light connector underneath the dash at the place where it plugs into the harness. Wiggle it around.....it might just be loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts