Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New AAW update harness. Only blows when activating hazards or turn signals. It takes a few seconds for the fuse to blow, its not immediate. Was working fine for a few days- I just finshed full resto. The column is a 69 tilt that I got from a friend refurbished. Looking at the turn signal harness, it doesn't appear to be new. With the fuse out, ignition ON, turn signal ON, I get read 12V on BOTH sides of the fuse socket. I'm thinking turn signal switch, but need your input! Scott

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
It's real easy to skin the wire harness in the column when taking it apart and reassembling it. The signal and horn positives may be shorting together through a conductive piece of the column or even a ground.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I will have to pull the column apart. I'm thinking I may just get a new turn signal switch/harness if I'm going to go that far with it.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I wouldn't go to any expense until I found the problem, might just be pinched somewhere and fixable with a piece of tape.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I've also seen problems like that from tail light and engine harnesses getting pinched between the engine/bell housing/transmission causing them to ground out sometimes constant, sometimes intermittent.

·
Super Moderator
32,603 Posts
Troubleshoot the Hazards circuit. Fix this and you found the t/sig problem.
Gets power from the fuse panel, the the haz sw through the turn signal sw then out dash harness to body harness at drvr kick panel for rear lights.
Yes, you should only have power on one fuse clip.
Unplug the t/sig connector to see if power on the second clip goes away.
If it does, then with battery disconnected, measure resistance between the two clips, should be an open or close to infinity - over megaohm value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts