Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys . i recently bought a 69 camaro with ac for restore . the guy i bought it from didn't have any of the wiring from the firewall forward , just wanted to know where would be the best an least exspensive place to get the fuse box an all the motor wires an head light wires ? any imput would be great . thanks rob

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
The cheapest place is from Painless Wiring. http://www.painlesswiring.com Expect to have to do alot of modifications as these systems are kind of generic. You can get 10 to 18 circuit systems.

If you want an original harness you can get them from any of the camaro restoration houses.(You can also get the painless wiring harness from most of them as well). Most of these places sell M&H harnesses. http://www.wiringharness.com/ These are probably double the price of the painless systems but they are identical to your original wiring harnesses and literally plug into the rest of your harnesses in the car.

If your good at wiring you can go the painless route, but if not get the original style harness from M&H.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hyw joe i have another 69 camaro that is a v8 car like the one i bought it's a non ac car that has the fuse box an wiring up front will this work or are the totally two differnt animals ? thanks rob

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
The A/C harness is an additional harness added to the regular under dash wiring harness. It pokes through a 1 1/2" hole in the firewall and connects to the blower motor relay and blower motor resistors. There is one a couple of other wires that connect to the compressor and a direct power feed with a 25 amp fuse that connects to the horn realy that powers the blower motor in high speed. All fuse boxes (ie there is only one) are the same in 69 Camaros no matter what options were added. Fuse box itself might be the same from 67 to 69, but they are definately the same within the same year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey mark , so what you are saying is that my other 69 camaro has the same standard fuse box other than the ac harrness ? .if so this will save me a bunch!! i'm sure i could of figured it out by reading the many books on this car i have , but it is so much easier to ask pro's like yourself in this awesome site.this is my first restore of a first gen camaro an this web site has been a great help :D thanks rob

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Yes, the fuse panel is the same. GM cut the brown wire that went to the Non A/C heater control panel in the dash and spliced in the new A/C harness at that point. The instructions are detailed in the AIM under RPO U17 Page A2 and also shown (if you know what to look for) under RPO C60 Page E4, and E9.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts