Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just having all sorts of advendures trying to find a fuse panel for a 68 camaro. Can anyone help. If I replace the fuse panel, will I also have to replace the wiring to the panel. Is the wiring to the fuse panel integral with the panel.

How easy or difficult is it to replace a fuse panel.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,614 Posts
To find a 'bare' panel will be hard to non-existent other than a salvage yard.
More than likely, I believe you would have to purchase the panel with wiring. Does make for a little less stress and time.

American Auto Wire, as I read here, makes a good product. Most of the companies make the change to ATO fuses as the glass fuses are getting hard to find, but they are out there for the purist.

There is a locking tab on the terminal having to be unlocked from the front, usually a piece of banding steel or a small diameter paper clip, then the wire/terminal can be pulled from the back side.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Stephen -

When you call AAW, ask for Donny Bock (or just use the "dial by name" option, and input "Bock"). I know other members here have bought just a new, OE style fuse block from AAW, but you can describe what you're trying to do and the condition of the rest of the wiring, and Donny will tell you what your best option is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts