Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
The hazards weren't working in my fairly new to me 68. I looked quick and saw there was no relay plugged into the fuse panel, great I thought quick fix, the PO just forgot the relay. I quickly found out why there wasn't a relay. One of the female blade connector in the fuse panel wasn't fixed in there and got pushed back almost all the way out of the fuse panel. It must be pushed through from the back (tried pulling it through with a pick, no go).

If I remove the 2 screws into the inside of the firewall and then remove the bolt from under the hood, for the do you think I will be able to move it enough to get behind it with all the wires still connected? I am not sure how much play there is. It's a newish repop fuse panel, wiring harness.

Audio equipment Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Musical instrument accessory Electronic component

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
First disconnect the battery and then remove the two bolts holding the fuse block to the firewall. Now look real close and there should be clips that hold the two halves of the fuse block together.

One the clips are out of the way, you should be able to pull the side with the fuses towards the rear of the car and then twist it some to get at the wiring on the backside.

Chances are the retainer clip on the terminal might not be bent out enough to lock it in place. Just be careful bending it out so as not to break it.

Pictures of the fuse block in my 74 Nova and how it comes apart:

Jim

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again for the pics and advice. Popped the clips off and was able to move it enough to tighten the female connector and open the retaining clip a little more. Wish I was a contortionist, would have made it easier. I have hazards now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts