Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get some ideas as to what you guys think the future holds for 1st generation Camaros, price-wise. My point is, I have a really nice '67 SS-350 that I have owned for 10 or 12 years and have thought about selling it, but would hate to sell it now and find out 5 years later that it's value has increased greatly. I am not a dealer, just an individual. I know we can only speculate but I would like to hear what you think. Thanks

·
11,673 Posts
My thoughts are the prices will go up as long as stock market is down. Then they will go down as the people alive in 69 start to die off. There will always be younger people wanting 69s, but as we age and leave this life, less people will want the 69 era cars. But it will take a quite a while (decades!).

Just look at the Ford model A, once their prices were up there, now they are going down because their popularity is going down as less people were familiar with them in their youth.

just my .02

Kevin

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
It seems that when the stock market is up and CD's are paying 7 or 8 percent on returns the old car prices are down or remain flat. When stocks are down and returns are down the old car market goes up as they have the last couple years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree with Kevin, it seems that most of the people buying musclecars today are from that age or generation. People reliving there youth or people buying there dream car they could never afford until now. I think the market will continue to rise untill that generation gap passes. The antique market is a good example, The demand is not there like it was. I do think the muscle cars will hold there value by far better than the antiques when the market levels off. What about the next gen gap, Will people be looking for 87 honda civics to restore? I say that as a joke but anything is possible. I like to think Camaro name will be revived around 05/06. Could we see another Ponycar war?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts