Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know how many of you that this will help, but in the wake of the trade center attacks, gas in edmond/norman oklahoma has risen to the 3.50 mark. so if anyone has the chance, i would fill up your cars before it reaches you if it has not already. Just goes to show how someone is always out to make a buck. that is considering that most of our gas comes from venezuela and not the middle east.

Chuck

------------------
67 rs/ss 360 blue w/black vinyl top
m20 muncie

·
Registered
38 Posts
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
The Trade Center buildings are still smoking and people are already lining their pockets! Where's the respect?

·
Registered
100 Posts
This is no Joke! Gas is rising to $3.50 in Southern Indiana. I got lucky and found a station still at $1.40 and filled up. Cars were waiting in line 3 and 4 deep.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'm not sure about the gas prices, but gas stations here in have been very busy in the last few hours. I hoping to be able to fill up my Camaro for the regular price tonight.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
My deepest sympathies for those involved. This was truly a chicken s**t act. I can only hope to GOD that Bush makes an example out of these bastards.

And I think those trying to make a quick buck off of this American tragedy should be treated as traitors. They keep saying over and over on the local news THERE IS NO GAS SHORTAGE...yet some of these local stations are talking $4-5 a gallon by tomorrow. At least the local news stations are telling everybody who is gouging and who isnt.

And by the way...please go to your local Red Cross and give blood. Its the very least we can do to help.

------------------
375hp 78 Chevy truck
77 Chevy Nova
95 Chevy Lumina 3.4L
and building a 78 Nova

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
An e-mail went around the MoDNR APCP today that said gas was $4.00/gal in Sedalia, MO but I can't confirm it. pdq67

·
11,298 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Gas prices here in central Indiana are already at $4.00-5.00 dollars a gallon, depending on which station wants to gouge you more. There were lines of cars at least 1/2-1 mile long just to get into a gas station. I heard on the radio that the CEO of BP stations told all BP stations not to raise prices no matter what! We will wait and see. I have the same feelings as most of you, it's a shame that people will try to make a buck off of a disaster such as what happened in New York.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Gas here is 1.459 at most stations and word here is that it will raise .60 cents tomorrow, seems they want to blame a possible gas shortage for the increase.
Hopefully some will wait and see what happens.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I saw one place go up to 2.50 and it was desserted. I guess they realized that they where the only ones trying to gouge so they dropped the price .75 cents. Now they have a line around the block like all the other stations. I guess their plan backfired. Dumb a-holes trying to make money off of death and carniage.

I bet when I go to work at 5 in the mornig tomarrow the prices will be up though. My father lives in Indiana and he said the prices where 3.50 and climbing. I guess the closer you get to NYC the higher the price by what you guys are saying and what my father told me.

------------------
70 camaro 307 (350soon) /350th

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Well, maybe this is a little consolation...Oklahoma State govenor Keeton said today that anybody accused of price gouging will be investigated and dealt with swiftly and severly. I have also heard several other states making this same announcement.

------------------
375hp 78 Chevy truck
77 Chevy Nova
95 Chevy Lumina 3.4L
and building a 78 Nova

·
Registered
358 Posts
hope they all choke on their money....it is time to come together....

·
Registered
94 Posts
95% of the stations here in Bismarck,ND stayed at $1.79(gas is always high here). Some were at $2.50 last night but have lowered prices back to normal...mx

------------------
69 Z/28 R/S : Daytona Yellow, Blk Vinyl Top, X33, DZ302, M21, 4.10 Posi, Blk Deluxe interior, 8k tach, console and guages, wood wheel and dash, ZL2 ducted hood, endura bumper.

·
Registered
110 Posts
the people who speculate and line their pockets in these situations are as guilty of terrorism as the pilots that guided those airplanes!Do NOT support them,I would walk before I filled up there.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well richard, that may be my only option seeing as how i live twenty miles from the university i attend, and wont be able to afford gas prices if they reach the 3-4 dollar mark. right now i am staying at a friend's house to save myself the commute. gas prices have started to stabalize since state governor Keating came on the news and denounced any speculation of a gas shortage. they also started a number to the news station where people in oklahoma could report anyone who gauged the public in this time of crisis. i agree with you that anyone who would take advantage of people in distress is no better than the terrorists that attacked the U.S.

------------------
67 rs/ss 360 blue w/black vinyl top
m20 muncie

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Prices here in NJ are still around $1.55 for premium in central NJ. I won't buy it if it goes up!

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged) & driven daily, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored

1 - 20 of 26 Posts