Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to tub my 68' Camaro, for street use around 500HP when completed. But I don't know anything about the technical side of it all? The guy working on my car says the shock towers or leaf spring mounts or something is the way? I have been trying to figure out what I want to do. I am considering a "g-Bar, four bar system" from Chassisworks. Would this solve my problem? I think I'm going to need the upgrade in suspension from stock anyways. I already read a similar post where one is installed, but don't know why it was installed for sure. I'm trying to learn, but I'm kinda car stupid when it starts getting in this deep. Any help is appreciated!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
if minitubbing, your shock mounts on your trunk pan get chopped off ( with g bar you dont need them they mount on the suspensions systems frame ) if using leaf springs you have to make or use there crossmember and relocate your shock mounts and also narrow your gas tank to clear your leaf spring shackles since they are moved inboard 2.5 or 2.75 inches to allow the wheels to fit in the tubs. From what i know the bars links bars w/e you wanna call them use your upper leaf springs mount buckets and if you have a stock rear end it bots right to it where the U Bolts go.

Im gonna get a Gbar, becuase i wanna mini tub but dont wanna mess with springs and gas tank atm, plus it looks fairly easy to install. The art Morrison Kit looks nice but I dunno its about 1500 more for it as well but has alot better frame rails

1 - 2 of 2 Posts