Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone on here has any experience with the G Force chassis?

I really want a modern feel and handling and I know I would do a lot with a bunch of individual add ons but in the end it seems it might be a better and more cost effective solution to go with a total solution like is offered with the G Force chassis that is completely rigged out.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
If you are talking about the Chris Alston's Chasisworks G force, than yes. I installed one on a 67. His sub frame,Manual rack, coil overs, engine plate, frame connectors, 4 link and fab 9 rear with all Wilwood brakes. I think it was a colossal waste of money. The powder coating flaked off in less than 2 years, controls arm bushings cracked, and one screw in ball joint locked up. Had maybe 3000 miles on it. I have heard good things about Detroit speed though.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Never heard of G Force. Post up a link. Alston is G Machine as far as I know.

Don

·
14,272 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Schwartz Performance is near me, they do all high end cars, for the rich guys though, but first class work. If they sell it , my guess is they use it.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I am not a rich man. I live in Champaign so that is one reason they are attractive to me as well as the Roadster shop.

I don't know that I want to spend that kind of money but I wanted experiences and thoughts

·
14,272 Posts
Imho to justify this cost you should be planning a high end Protour build with LS3, LS7, built LT1 or LT4 power. 6 speed manual or OD auto. AC, upgrades dash package and all top of the line parts.

Bottom line a build that will total at least $50-$60k in parts alone.

My next Protour build will be a full chassis car. Maybe G maybe Speedtech maybe AM or Roadster shop.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
If I was doing my setup again I would just get the full chassis from the Roadster shop, once your all said and done I think it would be less then a lot of companies charge for just the front subframe.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I was doing my setup again I would just get the full chassis from the Roadster shop, once your all said and done I think it would be less then a lot of companies charge for just the front subframe.
That was my thought as well. The front subframes alone are in the $8K range.

I agree also about upgrades to LS and newer - that is also in my consideration. I'd like to go with a modern fuel injected engine but I don't want to install that into my car without major suspension upgrades - just seems like it would be like setting a diamond in a brass ring.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Man, I would like to see that math. Must be that new math.... :grin2:

Don

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I guess it depends how much money you want to throw down the rabbit hole and more importantly what type of driving are you planning on doing. I make a few mods to improve my cruising and driving less than 1k miles a year, plenty of old school HP and above average handling with less than $40k in my last car I built for my wife. BB 450HP, 4SPD, RSSS, Black over white, VA, 4wdb, lowered 2", 17's, 2000w stereo and another 10 options on an all original rust free CA body. Just an old guy talkin!!!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts