Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a master G.M. parts book
that would list every part number that went
into a 69 Camaro? I know the dealers had them, and where can I get one?
Thanks, Joel

·
Registered
29 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joel Bruno:
Does anyone know of a master G.M. parts book
that would list every part number that went
into a 69 Camaro? I know the dealers had them, and where can I get one?
Thanks, Joel
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

keep watching EBAY, i saw one on there a while ago! good luck!

S

·
0 Posts
You guys who are regulars at your local dealers can often talk the guys out of their catalogs when they get their new ones. I know this doesn't help on our first gen. cars now but it's something to think about. Try Hemmings as well, but keep in mind parts #'s change through the years and your average parts man doesn't have the time to research them. I have a catalog from the early 70's that was almost totally obsolete by 75. The aftermarket might actually have better info than GM can now provide. Remember, the dealers are just about tapped out on parts after @ 6-8 years. How much time would you spend with someone showing up every few months chasing rare parts when you have commercial customers spending thousands every week? I don't mean to be snide at all, just presenting the present situation. Try parts meets/swaps as you might find them there. It's just my personal opionion that what you want is more likely to be found only after a diligent search and good luck. Happy hunting and best wishes!

------------------

67 Nemesix

·
Registered
278 Posts
Joel, The Factory Assembly Manual for 69's is available in reprint. I purchased one for my 68 from Ricks and it has most part numbers along with detailed assembly instructions -- it is what the factory used to assemble Camaros. It appears to not include part numbers of assembled units used in assembly such as engines, trans, etc. but is a very good resource.

As stated by others, many parts are not longer available and some numbers have changed over the years. I am often surprised what is still available from GM if you get a parts person who is willing to search through there old parts books though!

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
There was no "Camaro Parts Catalog" - all passenger cars were lumped together in one huge consolidated series of catalogs that used to take up half of the parts counter, all of which went in the dumpster when GM changed over to microfiche and, later, to a computerized system.

The Assembly Manual is the best visual reference, but most parts carried different numbers in Service, and less than 5% are still available. Salvage yards and resto part catalogs are about all that's left after 30+ years - the hunt is half the fun!

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have a book for 1972. It is called the Parts and Accessories Catalog and covers, passenger, chevelle, camaro and nova. It's effective date is September 1971. This is a parts book just for the 1972 model year. It includes everything and I do everything you can think of. There was probably a similar monster for 1969's. I know there was a book published by GM on 1967-1971 Camaro part numbers, it's P&A 30A. Good luck, I would scour ebay.

Oh BTW, my book is an orignal and is not 3 hole punched. It's an invaluable resource, I just wish I would have had it for the restoration. I would love to get my hands on one for my dad's 1968 Camaro.

------------------
Bryan Shook
Favorite Quote - Some people have shrinks. Some people have their garage.
My Father's 1968 RS 327!
My First Generation Camaro site

1 - 6 of 6 Posts