Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a car I looked at today, what do you guys think it is worth?

67 RS Camaro convertible
#'s matching 327 and powerglide (both rebuilt 10+ years ago)
engine starts/runs smooth. Hasn't driven in 4 years though.
2nd owner (since 1971)
300K+ miles
originally butternut yellow
top in fair condition, no tears. Opens/closes easy by hand.
needs a complete resto, didn't see any rust-through
floorpans and all body panels original, no wrecks
original power top, top motor doesn't work
RS headlight motors not working
small rust bubbles forming on the hood, nowhere else
doors open/shut solid

Tony

·
Registered
120 Posts
Shoot I'd clean her up and drive her as is. Rust free here in the northeast is darn near iimpossible. Nice find. I'd quess, 14 to 16 thousand. Maybe more.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It wouldn't be an easy clean up and drive car. The paint is just some old Maaco job, probably $250 paint, and has faded/cracked in several places. Didn't feel any bondo around the fender lips, didn't see any bondo swelling anywhere either. Quite a few rust-free cars down here in Texas, no salt or snow down here.

·
Super Moderator
32,797 Posts
Nice find. Very well optioned, deluxe interior, OE top, wire wheel covers, wheel opening stainless, still has the brace under the car.

Get rid of the door ding guard, good wax job and it will be a nice 10 footer. Shoot, tires still have air in them.

I see it has the remote starter solenoid.

Any idea what the owner is thinking about? I'd let him offer first, then go from there.
He has a price & you're droolin'.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
If its a true L30 327/275hp motor as it appears that will be a bonus! Tac & gauge RS with full power assist is a very nice find indeed....good luck :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The owner is a "she". 69 year old lady, very nice to talk with. This has been her baby since 1971. She is asking $20K for it, says she won't take a penny less. I feel that is a fair price, but for $20K I can find cars I would like better I suppose. With a $3K paint job, fresh items here and there, it would be a nice car. The car isn't advertised, just a friend of a friend thing.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I dont know man...2nd owner since 71...great option package...convertable...no, or little rust...20k AND your not in a bidding war with three other guys trying to "Barret-Jackson" the thing. You dont buy it let me know where it is I might consider it heavily.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yep, 20K that car would be gone in one day down here.

·
Super Moderator
32,797 Posts
The owner is a "she". 69 year old lady, very nice to talk with. This has been her baby since 1971. She is asking $20K for it, says she won't take a penny less. I feel that is a fair price, but for $20K I can find cars I would like better I suppose.
You should make the decision, banks are open till noon, maybe 1 PM. Or, maybe she'll take an deposit to hold. I know if it was offered to me, and the business manager agreed here at the house, I'd be calling my local flatbed.

You might ask her if she, the owner, named the car. It is a well-optioned car and a nice looker, excellent patina. Cars like this one don't coming knocking a second time.

Good luck, he who snoozes, loses.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
I don't know....20k and it doesn't have the original alternator or hose clamps seems pretty steep..;)

:D ....If you have the financial meens, I would be on her step with 20k CASH in my pocket. Pull out 18k and hand it to her and tell her that's what you feel it's worth. 18k makes a big pile of green and most people can't resist it. You can always dig out the rest if she refuses. If you really want the car, go for it. We all know the "resellers" would be asking much more for a "survivor" car, even with the repaint...:rolleyes: They'd probably even discover the original POP, window sticker and sales invoice under the rear seat as documantation....:sad:

Have fun with your decision......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
551 Posts
No brainer - I'd put the figure currently in the low 20's for what you've represented. Uncut and virtually unrestored - worth every penny of 20K (and then some)

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'd say low 20's as well. At least here in California. :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't know....20k and it doesn't have the original alternator or hose clamps seems pretty steep..;)

:D ....If you have the financial meens, I would be on her step with 20k CASH in my pocket. Pull out 18k and hand it to her and tell her that's what you feel it's worth. 18k makes a big pile of green and most people can't resist it. You can always dig out the rest if she refuses. If you really want the car, go for it. :thumbsup:
Not a chance, I'd give the $20000 gladly and know that I didnt insult an elderly woman selling her baby.
Ron

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm still on the fence. Cash isn't the problem, just deciding on if I keep and restore it or just polish it up and turn it for a few bucks. With a few other project cars going on, my time is limited. I'm leaning towards buying it and putting it in my storage container.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts