Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was working fine when got it. i removed the entire cluster to remove surface rust and got a good used printed circuit. at full tank, the gas says half way. when empty, it really is half a tank, get the drift! dont know what could be wrong. i removed and assembled everything again to see if it had been somehting i missed. still reads the same. help!

------------------
68' 350eng/350trans
88' BMW 735i

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got one directly from a 68. i saw the car. in any case, is there difference between the 67 and 68? maybe the had changed it before. it has the same serial number that mine has on the back of the circuit.

------------------
68' 350eng/350trans
88' BMW 735i

·
Registered
28 Posts
did you just replace the printed circuit? and reuse your old gauge. if so I would think there is a loose connection. that would change the ohms coming from the sending unit, or the gauge got knocked out of calibration

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if it did get knocked out of calibration, how can that be fixed? in the mean time, what else can i look for as a possible problem?

------------------
68' 350eng/350trans
88' BMW 735i

·
Registered
28 Posts
when the key is off does the needle fall way below the E mark, if so hold the pin and spin the needle till it reads correct. sounds good anyway. its worth a shot I'll do more research on it and get back with you.

[This message has been edited by flattop (edited 03-28-2002).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts